Raising Hope for Emma Lee Stewart

The Reason For Hope Compilation CD's can be ordered via email to TheReasonForHopeCD@Gmail.com payment can be made via Interact Email Money Transfer. Mail orders with payment by cash or cheque can be made to :
The Reason For Hope
170 Temperance Street New Glasgow, NS B2H3B1 ($20.00 Includes shipping)

Monday, September 5, 2011

Jim's Birthday Cake



Hello All,

Mary here- My mother just asked me to take a photo of the cake I made for my dad's 56th Birthday and post it on the blog!

Yes, a day early- However Lee's girlfriend will be heading back to PEI tonight and we wanted to have cake with her- So tomorrow I shall make a second cake!

Today's cake : Velvet Chiffon Chocolate Mint, with Chocolate Ganache and Vanilla Buttercream Icing, NS Strawberries and drizzled with dark chocolate.


Today, My mother is trying to get caught up on sleep, she had a big day with the VON who was here for over an hour making sure she was well looked after. Tuesday she begins the continuing care program which means we will get a little bit more face time with the Nurses and help for a bit of the day.

She is very excited about the chocolate cake, I put it in the living room to hopefully strike a match to her appetite. The cake also matches the flowers from her brother Lorne just lovely.

Continue to send your positive words to my mother! I am printing them off as they come.

Sincerely,

Mary

1 comment:

  1. It's a gorgeous day here in Yukon, Emma. We already have colors on the summits. No bright reds of course... like 'back home'... as we have no maples to turn to fire here.
    It must be pure joy to have your dear Mary Stewart home with you these days. I hope she gets to return to us sometime soon.
    I bought 4 new pair of wool socks yesterday and as much as I don't want to give up my sandals and the sight of my painted toenails... I love the socks! I have cold feet even in summer and always have.
    Emma dear... rest and listen to great sounds around you. The smell of Miss Cupcake's kitchen must be grand. A good and peaceful day to you.
    Best thoughts and prayers from Debbie of the North

    ReplyDelete