Raising Hope for Emma Lee Stewart

The Reason For Hope Compilation CD's can be ordered via email to TheReasonForHopeCD@Gmail.com payment can be made via Interact Email Money Transfer. Mail orders with payment by cash or cheque can be made to :
The Reason For Hope
170 Temperance Street New Glasgow, NS B2H3B1 ($20.00 Includes shipping)

Friday, December 31, 2010

This Morning's Amble

Honey and I hit the dark streets of this quiet little town early today. I'm conditioned to rise early. The minute my eyes open I feel like I might miss something so feet on floor and off we go to the day's adventure. Readying for outside takes longer though, as winter has definitely descended. Alas, Honey will not, under any circumstances, let me put a sweater on her and I have learned, the hard way - the best way to learn quickly - to let the sweater go! I did run into the caretaker going to work at one of the local churches this morning. Unfortunately, Honey scars that person, so we set off in an unusual direction. About 5 minutes in, Honey stopped suddenly, nose in air, head tilted and she froze. Standing about 15 feet in front of us, from out of nowhere, a young deer. They faced off. Honey doesn't stand a foot high, but has the courage of a dog 10 times her size. Luckily I had my ice grippers on, which eventually broke, but held me up for the few moments that ensued. Once the deer escaped, we ended up following its trail, and every 3 or 4 feet Honey would jam her head into her foe's hoofprints (?) and have a great snort. It was comical. Maybe it was a young reindeer who lost its way. Anyway, we followed those steps past the junior high and up to Albert Street. Things got boring I guess and we then had an almost uneventful finish to out walk, except for meeting the sweet Jack Russell terrier we often run into.

Many folks have turned off their Christmas lights, though the time is far from being over. We haven't and in fact it will be at least next weekend before we put the decorations away for another year.

It's New Year's Eve. I'm going to have a wonderful day, perhaps another adventure or two. I'm working on learning Let It Be, which I will use at worship on Jan 23 at Trinity in New Glasgow. The service working title is Music That Soothes The Soul. That Sunday is the third Sunday after Epiphany, Isaiah 9:1-4 is one of the scriptures for the day - The people have seen a great light - living in the light - the light of the living Christ, whose birth we just celebrated. Jakki Rogue, Next of Kin and Shaun McLean are my musical guests. I am trying to emulate what Murray was able to accomplish last Jan with the Spinney Brothers. So loads of music that shines with the light, and gives us hope, and, selfishly, soothes my soul. That is my goal.

Happy New Year - be safe - create and revel in adventure.

Peace, Emma Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment