Raising Hope for Emma Lee Stewart

The Reason For Hope Compilation CD's can be ordered via email to TheReasonForHopeCD@Gmail.com payment can be made via Interact Email Money Transfer. Mail orders with payment by cash or cheque can be made to :
The Reason For Hope
170 Temperance Street New Glasgow, NS B2H3B1 ($20.00 Includes shipping)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Readying for Treatment

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to receive the care of the best medical pros around - Dr. Cole and his team at the Aberdeen Hospital. A "Power Port" was installed. This will make chemo treatments and CT scans abundantly easier and faster. I must admit, typing today is challenging! Blood work today; and if all is well, first chemo treatment tomorrow. Abraxane.

I had a fabulous meal with two friends on Wednesday evening - Amy and Karen. What a mom and daughter team they are. Just marvelous. Took my mind off things for a while. Karen also acted as my driver and caretaker yesteday, since I couldn't leave the Hospital without someone coming in to get me. Another Karen will be my driver today.

Thanks to another friend, Jim S., for loaning his air conditioner. What a difference that has made in my living room.

Finally for today, what can I say to Adriana for arranging this blog?

To my family and friends - THANK YOU! Whenever fear starts to poke through, I just think of you and know that I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment