Raising Hope for Emma Lee Stewart

The Reason For Hope Compilation CD's can be ordered via email to TheReasonForHopeCD@Gmail.com payment can be made via Interact Email Money Transfer. Mail orders with payment by cash or cheque can be made to :
The Reason For Hope
170 Temperance Street New Glasgow, NS B2H3B1 ($20.00 Includes shipping)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Jacket Has Found Its Way Home

Over the past couple of weeks I have had the chance to share fellowship with both of my brothers. My brother John and his wife visited last week. John has just retired from "years" of working and now gets to enjoy some free time with his wife and family (3 children, 8 grandchildren). He may be having a hard time with that concept. He would be the first one to say he likes to keep busy. I might even make a secret wager on just how long he will stay "retired". I hope to see John and Mary soon when they come to the County to camp.

My brother Lorne and his wife visited today. Lorne and I enjoyed catching up while Honey had her morning constitutional. It was funny, but the song birds were eerily quiet this morning. Not the crows, but the song birds. Honey was extremely well behaved as she found something that she carried throughout her entire walk and ended up actually eating. I have no idea what it was.

We then took a drive to the Merb via Fraser's Mountain. You know, it is very beautiful here. When we drove out it wasn't raining and the sun was actually shining over the Strait, with rain clouds moving in behind us. You could feel the heat. We had a great Honeyless walk on the beach. Stories and laughs. Tooks some pics.

We tied up our fellowship by waiting to get into the Cosy Corner for breakfast (they don't open until 8:00 a.m.! Also, don't try to give them a $50.). Lorne and Mary drove me home, and I retrieved Lorne's "official" jacket. Can you believe that it was left at the Heather just over 3 years ago, when I was getting chemo the last time. Lorne was here on a curling bonspiel and left it in his hotel room. Jim and I retrieved it and I have been keeping it since then. I am so glad that his jacket has found its way home.

(Not whining) My head is quite sore, as my hair gets ready to say bye-bye. I have been tired, but I think I'm on the other side of that now. You know, I feel better.

I had a great chat yesterday (tea, toast, etc.) with a very good friend, who recently came through a scare, but all, it turns out, is well. Thank God for that. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met.

I'll spend the rest of the day getting ready for Jubilee. Mary will be home. Lee's gal Tessa is coming home. Jim is coming home. I'll go down and enjoy Sunday night, when my daughter will take the stage with her band, opening the evening's show which Blue Rodeo is headlining. She's a dandy girl.

I must say that I have a dandy boy as well. Lee James. He's keeping the home fires burning here, with me, this summer. I am so lucky to have him here.

I have found a "healer" and will have my first visit next week. We will come up with a plan to slay this dragon. I ask that you continue to offer prayer for me, as I offer it for all of you who may read these posts.

Peace to you all,

Emma Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment