Raising Hope for Emma Lee Stewart

The Reason For Hope Compilation CD's can be ordered via email to TheReasonForHopeCD@Gmail.com payment can be made via Interact Email Money Transfer. Mail orders with payment by cash or cheque can be made to :
The Reason For Hope
170 Temperance Street New Glasgow, NS B2H3B1 ($20.00 Includes shipping)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Enough Already - Snow That Is!

Is it just me? I awoke in the night to the sound of the winter wind howling in that way it does and I thought enough already! Then my hopeful side tells me that we spring forward on the 13th of March and March 20th is the first day of Spring. It's Feb 23rd - less than one month away! Don't get me wrong, however, I'm not wishing the time away.

As I type this message, Honey is trying to find a hiding place for her after walk biscuit. She will check every chair and the couch for proper places. She will check my three favorite blankets, which officially are off limits. She will guard that little biscuit until she is ready to eat it. You can tell where she hides it, because she will sit close to the area and if you happen to walk by, she changes her posture - she's pretty predictable and cute to watch. She loves the snow and doesn't care about the temperature - her coat has grown so thick and she's just a determined little gal!

Yesterday started as a down day. Side effects had me feeling pretty unwell. I would describe it as like a bomb ready to explode into a variety of infections. I spent the day pretty low, working to heal myself. An afternoon call from my sister-in-law Mary really picked me up emotionally. (Trivia: Jim's grandmother's name was Mary, my brother John married a Mary, my brother Lorne married a Mary and I gave birth to a Mary.) Mary and I had a great chat and I felt so much better. Thank you Mary. She even convinced me to call a friend who wants to come and help me clean the house. I haven't had the energy to do anything really since Saturday and my Mary is coming home. Anyway, my friend is going to come with me for the CT scan tomorrow, then we'll get some lunch and then home to clean-up before Mary arrives.

Stay warm. Not long until Spring, but why wait? Enjoy life right now. I plan on continuing to feel well in any way I can, which means a great book, a perfect quilt and a little living furnace who loves to cuddle!

Peace, Emma Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment