Raising Hope for Emma Lee Stewart

The Reason For Hope Compilation CD's can be ordered via email to TheReasonForHopeCD@Gmail.com payment can be made via Interact Email Money Transfer. Mail orders with payment by cash or cheque can be made to :
The Reason For Hope
170 Temperance Street New Glasgow, NS B2H3B1 ($20.00 Includes shipping)

Monday, February 7, 2011

This Past Weekend

What a great weekend. Good friend Liz arranged for a "Girl Power" weekend. When she asked me a few weeks back if I thought it sounded like a good idea, you know the answer. So we grabbed a calendar, I charted out my treatment schedule, and the date was chosen. Jane made her country home available and even the weather cooperated on Saturday. I was able to ask 14 friends. Saturday and Sunday was spent with fabulous friends, unbelievable food, manicures, pedicures, reflexology and massage. Liz chose the nail colors that were used. We laughed and sang and chatted and if there had have been another couple of hours, would have enjoyed the toboggans and sleds that were there for us too. Just too much to talk about and too much to do!

I fell asleep Saturday night to the sounds of my friends having fun - singing and laughing and dancing and celebrating life. They couldn't have kept me awake - I was exhausted from laughing. Oh, and Liz and Doris tucking me in helped too. It was magical. I even made them take part in my meditations on Sunday morning. Lucky for Jakki, Church was cancelled and she could stay to enjoy Mary's unbelievable breakfast. Jak and I had the chance to get a couple of tunes in before we hit the roads home.

I had the chance to let my hair down - the fact that I don't have any hair doesn't matter - I was able to dance and romp and laugh with abandon, safe in the company of friends. Just to forget for a little while! Yay!!!

Honey was so happy to see me, Jim was too. He had superbowl treats prepared, but I must confess, I didn't see any of the game.

Port surgery on Wednesday.

Peace to you all. Emma Lee

1 comment:

  1. Your happiness and abandon with your friends is amazing and a happy memory for all of you Contagious joy!

    What wonderful friends you have.

    ReplyDelete